Have you seen Chef Pace's collaboration with Salted yet? These Salted Kits are now available at all Gelson's Markets and it's the easiest way to cook an incredible dinner for two. Pace's recipe is a Warm Quinoa Salad with Dried Cranberries, Almonds, & Goat Cheese- super healthy and delicious! The recipe is designed to be easily made in less than thirty minutes, and each kit serves two people (which basically makes it less than $6 per person!). Learn more about it here!
Each kit comes with
- Baby Carrots (5 oz)
- Shallot (1 whole )
- Crumbled Goat Cheese (1.5 tablespoons)
- Lemon (1 whole)
- Dried Cranberries (2 tablespoons)
- Quinoa (3/4 cup)
- Sliced Almonds (2 tablespoons)
Which means you only need to purchase arugula (or any green of your preference)!
Serves 2, Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
Before cooking, bring 1 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a pot on high heat.
- Dice shallot and carrots into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium. Add carrots and shallots plus a pinch of salt. Cook until soft, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once water is boiling, add quinoa and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 12 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add arugula (or greens of choice) to a bowl and combine with juice from half the lemon, as well as oil and salt (both to your liking). Mix well.
- Once quinoa has absorbed the liquid, remove from heat.
- Add quinoa to pan with the shallots and carrots. Turn off heat. Add almonds, cranberries, and 3/4 of goat cheese, and a pinch of salt. Stir.
- Transfer arugula to plate and top with quinoa mixture and a squeeze of lemon juice. Garnish with remaining goat cheese. Enjoy!