We received so many amazing entrees for our Spring Recipe Contest! We loved reading about your favorite Spring dishes and your favorite seasonal produce. We ended up narrowing it down to two winners– these recipes are the perfect embodiment of a gorgeous spring picnic! Check out the recipes below.
Our first winner is Angel! Her handle on Instagram is @angelfromchicago. Her recipe is a Blood Orange Salad, and it's packed with fresh flavor! It's the perfect dish to bring to your friend's outdoor barbecue.
Check out our Instagram to see how we recreated it!
Blood Orange Salad
- 6 blood oranges w/rinds cut off and cut into 1/4" wheel slices
- 2 shallots finely sliced from top to bottom in 1/4" slivers
- 1/4 cup diced green olives - no pimentos
- 2 cups cooked beluga black lentils
- 1 Tbl fresh thyme leaves, toss with 2-4 Tbl Virgin olive oil (more or less based on your taste)
- Crushed black pepper and pink Himalayan salt to taste, toss again
- Plate and drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar
Our second winner is Kristina! Her handle on Instagram is @snappsfromgrapps. Kristina's recipe is a classic Ricotta Toast with all the spring fixings! With additions of watermelon radish and spring peas, the toast is a colorful Instagram-worthy brunch dish.
Check out our Facebook on how we recreated it!
Ricotta Toast with Spring Farmers Market Findings
- Spring peas
- Watermelon radish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon zest
- Crusty bread
- Salt and pepper
We had so much fun with this contest, and recreating the dishes! If you try them out, be sure to tag the winner and hashtag it with #TasteofPace!