We're all smiles as spring is on its way! We have two amazing recipes for the season that are perfect for your outdoor BBQ or spring picnic. Chef Pace shared these delicious recipes as a guest on Hallmark's The Home & Family Show: her Grilled Hanger Steak with Green Harissa and her Marinated Seasonal Vegetables with Burrata, Mint, and Olive Bread! Check out the recipes, as well as a clip below of her segment on Home & Family.
MARINATED SEASONAL VEGETABLES, BURRATA, MINT AND OLIVE BREAD
- loaf rustic olive bread
- 1 lb. burrata
- 1.5 TBSP red or white wine vinegar, depending on the vegetable (light and green vegetables, use white, red or darker vegetables, use red)
- (light and green vegetables, use white, red or darker vegetables, use red) 2 TBSP olive oil
- 6 sprigs thyme, whole
- 2 cloves, thinly sliced garlic (lengthwise)
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- 1.5 lbs. seasonal vegetables like cherry tomatoes, snap peas, asparagus, etc. - a delicate medley suitable for marinating
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Cut and marinate the vegetables in vinegar, olive oil, shallots, garlic, thyme, salt. This can be done 4 hours ahead.
- Preheat to 375 degrees. Cut bread into slices, but not all the way through the bottom of the loaf.
- Arrange burrata on a platter.
- Place bread off to the side, but touching the burrata. Arrange vegetables over the burrata. Garnish with mint.
GRILLED HANGER STEAK WITH GREEN HARISSA
Ingredients for Hanger Steak
- 9 oz hanger steak per person
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Canola oil
Ingredients for Harissa
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach or baby chard
- 3/4 cup (about 1 ounce) packed fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1 medium garlic clove smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
AND DON'T FORGET!
There is still one more week to enter our Spring Recipe Contest! Comment below, or on our Instagram or Facebook, with your favorite spring recipe. We'll choose 3 winners, and the winners will have their recipe demoed by Pace and receive a special prize! Find out more about the contest here.